Wall panels are installed on the even, clean and ready-to-use base with clips and self-tapping screws.
1. FINDING GUIDE RAILS AND LAYOUT
In general, guide rails for the drywall frame are installed at the distance of 60 cm from each other. You can use a standard metal detector to detect the location of guide rails.
2. GUIDE RAILS LAYOUT
Mark the fitting places of guide rails using a tape measure and a marker pen.
3. WALL PANELS FITTING
Panels are installed with the tongue down.
- The first row is laid on special wedges to keep the expansion space of 10-15 mm and adjust the horizontal level of panels.
- Fix the first row with a self-tapping screw on the panel edge from the side adjoining to the base via the front side to the drywall frame guide rails and with clips from the groove side. Keep the indent of guide rails at a height not more than the height of the baseboard-to-be.
- Panels are fixed to the drywall with clips with four mm flanks and self-tapping screws 3,2×25 every 60 cm to every guide rail of the frame.
- The last row is fixed with the self-tapping screw via the front side of the panel indented at a height not more than the height of the ceiling baseboard-to-be.
- When laying the last row, keep the expansion space of 10-15 mm. If necessary, cut the panel along with a power jigsaw considering the expansion space. Mark and cut the panel only at the rear of the panel. When panelling columns, corbels and walls with arris, use special fitting mouldings.
Lay the baseboard from the wall. Use a cross-cut to cut the necessary angle on the baseboard (internal/external) and fix it. The baseboard is fixed directly to the wall with a pneumatic pin gun. Pins should be at least10 mm longer than the baseboard/moulding. Attachment points should be at the distance of 40-50 cm from each other. Furbish the fixation points using a grease pencil.
AFTER THE INSTALLATION
When finished, clean the dust and waste with a vacuum cleaner, and finish panels with Coswick cleaner.
Keep some planks in stock for repair of accidentally damaged planks.